Monday, November 28, 2011

Chapter 22-23 (page 305) in class activity

I Believe in the main Thiestic Package and not the Naturalistic Package. Why do I believe in the Thiestic package? I believe in the thiestic package because I belive that there indeed is a god,and these two chapters clearly state that if there is a God then there is meaning to life and a life after our death whereever that may be. I also agree that God gives us a soul and he allows us to have free will because it says in the bible that we are able to act according to our own will, which shows god gives us the opportunity of free will. The one thing I don't believe in from the thiestic package is the bullet point of bliss, because I dont believe that god intended life to always be happy and wonderful and perfect, but instead he wanted our life to contain obstacales that we must try to overcome through him and his power.

So why don't I belive in the naturalistic package? The main reason I don't believe in this package is because it says that there is no God, then it goes on and states that there is no hope, meaning, soul, free-will, and etc. If there is a God then there would be hope, meaning and all those other things that he listed, but since the author tells us that the naturalistic package believes that there is no god then it makes me not believe in the naturalistic package on the basis of that simple reason. I believe all those other things come with or after the belief that there is a god. In short I don't believe in the naturalistic package because the naturalistic package doesn't believe in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment